Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Baby, it's cold outside.

It is finally cold in Texas! I am thankful for that, it is December after all.
The insulation has been blown in the outside walls and put up into the ceilings. We are about to begin putting up the sheetrock, then wood floors, tile in the bathrooms,Yipeee!!! But I am getting ahead of myself.
Let's start with what is already in place at Hathaway; outside walls, new roof, new framing, new electrical, new plumbing, new lighting, new HVAC and insulation. Imagine how surprised I was when I went inside the other day and it was much colder inside than outside, the insulation is working like a charm.





Here is looking into the master study from the master bedroom. The pocket door track is installed and ready for interior doors. You can see what type of insulation was blown into the walls and insulation that was put up into the beautiful tray ceiling. ( I will take another photo showing the beautiful framing of the ceiling)


Here is a close up of the insulation, between the windows in our bedroom. It is amazing how quiet it is in the house with just the insulation. Once the sheetrock is up it will be really quiet and spa like. Although it will be more like Calagon take me away, is probably closer to reality.

Here is a shot of our daughter's insulation, I know it all looks the same but I am so happy to have moved from framing to insulation and heading into sheetrock.

From one of my favorite Christmas songs:
I've got to go home - Oh, baby, you'll freeze out there
Ahh, but it's cold outside!!!! (or inside if you have new insulation and no heat)

No comments:

Post a Comment