Tuesday, August 23, 2011

A closer look

Well, the outside of the house did not scare me off. The broken shutters, overgrown ivy, the cracked paint, horrible choice of light fixtures,the sagging roof.



I am not easily put off by those things.
Inside was not much better I must confess.
Really, did I think this place could be our home.....
Absolutely! I love the work, the sweat (especially this summer in TEXAS), the planning, the waiting and the RESULT!
Even though this place looked like it was going to fall down (more about that little nugget later), it made me happy. The feeling of it needing love and attention appealed to me. I to a fault, can see in my minds eye how it should look. And then I have to brought down to reality with the logistics of how all that is going to occur. But we took the plunge and are in the weeds with demo, AC guys, framers,central vacuum people, plummers, landscape people. You name we have gotten a bid from them.
So here we go.....

1 comment:

  1. Hey girlie, I just noticed that chandelier. IF you still have it, would you save me a link of that. I forgot to get that when we were in Dallas.

    ReplyDelete