Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Door to spark the imagination

Today I ventured into a salvage warehouse, be still my heart and checkbook. They have lots of doors, cabinets, shutters, sinks, drawer hardware, lights, everything... you name it they have it. I was in complete love of all things old.
There were cabinets in electric blue and mint green from the 50's. Purple sinks from the 80's and bathtubs from the 20's and 30's. But I squealed with delight when we found a door we might use for the outside of the Laundry room. It is solid wood and beautiful with four small windows. Hope she fits and she is still there after I talk to framer and carpenter.


This is the outside of the door, the brown paint makes it look more like a cottage door and don't you want to peek through those adorable windows. Keep your fingers crossed it is there when I go to retrieve it.





This is the inside of the door, the white makes it look more modern. We are going to change the paint on the door itself to match the trim. But I think it would go nicely with the rest of our Hathaway Home.

No comments:

Post a Comment