Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Now you see it, now you don't

One of the things I love about Hathaway are some of it's original pieces. We do not have many left, but we do have this little gem, I mean after it is stripped, rust remover applied, sanded, primed, and repainted, it will be spectacular. I am still on the first step of that mission and wanted to share it.





.
This is how it looked above the outside door. I knew it had to have a light or house numbers... some type of function.



Wonderful cotton wrapped wiring! And another incredible view from the side.


Step one of many.....


This is after applying four full sprays of stripper, covering it completely. I must say that stripper has come along way, this one has no to little odor. It's super easy since it sprays, but it has taken the whole can to just get down to this stage. ( I call this step one and a half)



It is still not quite finished but, SURPRISE!!!! It was an address box with a light inside. You can still see the painted on house numbers. I love the charm it evokes, now all I need is a Dutch door, Lassie, and hope that none of my children fall into that well in the backyard.

1 comment: