Thursday, September 22, 2011

When in Ephesus...

Last year we had a wonderful opportunity to travel to Ephesus. I fell in LOVE with the city of Ephesus, it was completely amazing. I was blown away by the ruins that have been excavated but was taken aback by the streets, they were made out of marble. Beautiful,gleaming marble, they looked almost brand new. I digress, today I had the pleasure of going to pick out tile for our bathrooms. And you guessed it, I chose marble for the bathroom floors, counter tops and shower walls. I had the best time, but thank goodness for the representative and my sweet friend Kendall who kept me on task. I would still be there looking at everything they had even though I only needed help with the bathrooms.







These are the bathroom choices in miniature.




This is the wall surround for the claw foot tub . I will include the tub photos in a later post. (it is beautiful). The tile is a 2x4 white venatino laid in a brick pattern, the cap is a 4 inch classic white calcutta.






This is the floor of the master bathroom, classic white venatino basketweave. There will be a boarder of 6x18 classic white venatino around the perimeter of the room.




This is the shower floor cut into 4x4 tile, the shower wall tiles are 12x18 and a 12x12 tile on the floor of the water closet. The background color is the wall color we are considering. Benjamin Moore's Owl Gray (OC-53). I can not wait to see it all put together.

No comments:

Post a Comment